Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What's In My Fridge (or I Cleaned Out The Refrigerater and Took Some Pictures)

Once upon a time (in my old apartment), i had an ancient apartment size refrigerator with a inner freezer that was 1'x1.5'....and was in constant need of defrosting. One of the selling points of the Penthouse was a normal sized refrigerator. Seems like a small thing, but it has made all the difference in my happiness. 
Anyhow, today i came home with more fresh herbs from Mom and Dad's and decided to clean it out (to make room for them. It looked so purty i thought i would take some pics and make it famous....


I don't have an herb keeper (though Martha sells one now, so it's just a matter of time) but herbs keep perfectly well stored in water and stuck in the fridge.

A few months ago i bought a little lazy susan to put some of the jars of stuff (yes, that's marmalade, i love it, feel free to judge) on. It works wonderfully, and now i need a second one for the top shelf.

crisper, blah, blah, blah....

Chocolate drawer (used only for baking, i swear. i never grab a handful of chocolate chips around 8 o'clock at night. NEVER!).

Some leftover Christmas gifts from the Duke and Duchess of Hockaday. Bush Light is a favorite beverage of the Peerage.

I love my mustard.

this may be where a touch of OCD comes into play....

hard boiled (i keep them out of the carton, because when there is a carton of hard boiled and a carton of fresh i usually choose the wrong one, and THAT, my friends, spells d-i-s-a-s-t-e-r).
Alright, maybe it's all a little OCD....but "Neat begets neat", right?  Just don't look at my dining room table....

3 comments:

  1. Lovely (as always). May I recommend Colman's mustard and an addition that you might enjoy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have shamed me again, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Anne-i have Coleman's Mustard Powder in the pantry!
    @ Tara-i swear it wouldn't be so neat if i had four other mouths to feed out of that fridge!

    ReplyDelete