Wednesday, September 14, 2011

More Thrift Store Finds

I've been hitting the thrift stores quite hard the past month or two, especially the ones I rarely go to (such as the Goodwill on Coliseum). Happily, I've been having some pretty awesome results. Take a look...

This 50 cent brown earthenware bowl has already become quite useful in the kitchen.
I don't collect lusterware (much) but this shell dish was in such perfect condition, I couldn't resist.
An old, throwaway pottery piece works great as a catch-all on my desk.
I absolutely love this metal faux bois file box. It will look much better than the bulky, ugly black plastic one I currently use. It put me out $3.
And of course I bought dishes (oops!)...starting with these Martha Stewart Everyday (back when Martha was still at K-Mart) Christmas plates. Two have chips, but they were only 75 cents for the salad plates, and 95 cents for the dinner plates.
I had been driving by this jadeite that was prominently displayed in a Wells Street shop window every day, twice. It was taunting me! It is only reproduction, but was only $35 for the lot. Not too shabby, even for reproduction. I believe my collection of jadeite may play a more prominent role in Christmas decorating this year...

3 comments:

  1. Cool finds! We've been doing the same. Will need to post pics sometime soon. It is so feeling like fall here. Makes me wistful for summer, though I must admit I love crunchy leaves, fires and hot drinks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer-couldn't agree more, although I am dreading the "move" for all the tropicals and citrus trees. Let me know if a neighboring property goes on the market-we can build a greenhouse where out farms meet! ;) Don't be jealous!!! I had gone for so long without thrifting because it seemed like everything has dried up-maybe you could swing by one after one of your South Side Farmers Market trips (because I am JEALOUS that you have Saturdays off and get to go!)

    ReplyDelete