Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Field Trip to Home Sweet Home

On Tuesday afternoon I jumped in the car and headed up for a visit with my dear friend Whit. While the Village at Winona is quite charming and has many wonderful galleries and artisan shops, we instead headed into Warsaw for some thrifting at a consignment shop called Home Sweet Home (216 South Columbia Street, Warsaw, Indiana), followed by a productive stop at the Goodwill...followed by some dinner and drinks.

At first glance, Home Sweet Home is a bit overwhelming...which I love! The prices are extremely reasonable, and there are a LOT of interesting pieces hidden amongst the bric-a-brac. You just have to do a little digging. I already regret not grabbing the small, green metal filing cabinet for $7.50...I'm sure I could have found a place for it.

One room was chock full of kitchen gear. I could have spent quite a bit of money in here on things like...

...a metal rolling pin for $3...

...or a set of Fireking peach lusterware ramekins (they also had a lusterware loaf pan).

After Home Sweet Home and Goodwill, we stopped by Spikes for a quick dinner and a few beers.

I had a fantastic turkey burger with mango chutney. Really, really good!

Then it was back to the Village for a few pints at the beer garden outside Cerulean Restaurant (I promise we were not feeling as blurry as the iPhone pic looks!) The Garden is so much fun...but only open for the rest of the week (I think). It is totally worth a trip up again next year, however...or later next month when the new bar inside opens!

And now for the finds! A set of really heavy brass candlesticks.

A milk frother for $3.50! (lattes anyone?)

And perhaps best of all (next to spending the evening with Whit) was a set of 5 milk glass hobnail tumblers. Love, love, love them! And all together cost only $2.50! Gotta love Goodwill!

No comments:

Post a Comment