Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Quick Dinner-Roasted Cauliflower with Capers

While I've been busy cleaning, cooking (or using up more produce before it goes bad), and preserving more herbs, I've been extremely neglectful. So here is a quick post of a super simple side, or a pretty filling meal...you decide.

Frontline is on...gotta go!

Core and cut up a head of cauliflower, breaking up the bigger pieces. Then crank the oven up to 400 degrees, toss the florets with olive oil (I really make sure I coat them, so they don't get too brown) and put them in the oven for about 30-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted into a thicker stem cuts easily.

Right before you take the cauliflower out, melt some (or a lot of) butter. You could also use olive oil, but, I mean, everything is better with butter. Right?


Toss in the capers. Again, a little or a lot. I LOVE capers, so used a lot.

Then pour the butter/caper mix over the cauliflower and devour immediately. Easy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment