Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Easy Parmesan Spirals and Some Party Pics

Last Friday I had a small reunion of sorts at the Penthouse, and I showed you the clean-up, but thought you might like to see a bit of the party (for I only photographed "a bit"). This was a good excuse for me to actually finish decorating, as well as try out a few new recipes for "bar snacks". These Parmesan Spirals were super easy, though they looked super labor intensive (I think when you say "puff pastry" people think you spent a lot of time on the preparation). I used this recipe from the December 2006 issue of Everyday Food. The best thing? They actually tell you to make them the day before!


Unfolding one sheet of puff pastry. This is the most difficult part of the recipe.
The Parmesan, paprika, salt, and pepper ready to go.
Rolling out one sheet of puff pastry, after it was brought to room temperature. I actually rolled mine out a bit larger than the 10x14 the recipe recommended and it seemed fine.
One beaten egg.

Brush the egg all over the sheet (all the way to the edges-I didn't do this and I should have).
Everything sprinkled evenly atop the puff pastry.
Then carefully roll it up as tightly as you can.
Into the fridge it goes!
25 minutes later, slice with a serrated knife and bake.
Great, salty snack to go with beer or wine (or booze).
Of course I also made the hit of last year's party, sausage-cheddar balls.
T's Nuts and peppermint bark.

The Parmesan spirals on their tray.
The table loaded with goodies (enough to have more people over on Saturday with minimal prep).
It was so good to see everyone again, hopefully we won't wait another year to get together!

4 comments:

  1. For the record - puff pastry was unavailable in all of Fort Wayne (including out by Aboite Center) back in 1999 when I was searching for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! it wasn't even available at Meijer? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this recipe along with the expanded hints for making it better. I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for reading during a period when I am slacking off a bit!

      Delete