Sunday, December 18, 2011

One of My Favorite Sorts of Sunday Mornings

I love having friends over to the Penthouse, and this past weekend I had two nights of fun with folks-some I hadn't seen in years, and some I had seen the day before. Good food, drinks, a spur of the moment trip to the Brass Rail, relatively little headaches. All in all an almost perfect weekend. I am such a lucky guy! Of course I didn't take many pictures of the actual parties, I was too busy to remember...or something. 

Now this may sound crazy, but my favorite part of entertaining is the clean up after the party has ended. I love putting everything away, tidying up beer bottles, rinsing out cans, washing dishes, polishing silver and brass trays, and thinking about the fun. All while listening to 60's French pop music, of course.

That said, today was perfect.


The sun was glorious this morning! Totally went along with my mood.

Read the Times real estate section, and started testing out my Hipstamatic app. I know, I'm a tres late bloomer. Then I put the France Gall channel on Pandora and went to work.
Like I said, I was just testing this app. I wish I had taken a picture of the table...it looked so pretty.
T's Nuts are always a hit.

After last year's mini blaze and wax explosion, I take no risks with candles. I found this little set of glass saucers at the Salvation Army and knew they would come in handy somewhere. Of course, since I was prepared, there were no wax accidents at all.
Time to tackle this mess...

...while having smoked salmon and caper spread on pumpernickel bread.
All done!
Every room in my house looks better reflected in the big mercury glass ball. Hope you all had a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment