Friday, January 13, 2012

Bridal Show Flowers for the Penthouse

Last Sunday (that's right, Sunday, and they still look great almost a week later!) I brought home a TON of flowers from the Lilly's booth (Sue and Emily were kind enough to let me rescue them) at the Bridal Show, as well as some roses salvaged from a left behind arrangement at another booth. You know how I cannot let flowers get pitched! Well, I brought them all home, rearranged them, and have been enjoying six fresh arrangements all week long. Take a look!

This was an elegant arrangement...and then I shoved in the hydrangeas and orange roses in order to get them back to the Penthouse.

So lovely. The lilac-like flowers in the center are actually a new type of hydrangea called 'Popcorn'.

Did you know you can refresh hydrangeas by soaking them? Martha taught me this years ago, and Sue reminded me on Sunday. These were the only droopy ones.
And they perked right up!
I was excited to use all of the new milk glass containers found so far this winter. Green, white, and lilac hydrangeas.
This little arrangement of ranunculus, alstroemeria,'Kermit' mums, and roses is in the bathroom.

Another milk glass tumbler on the night stand.
All creamy white roses and lisianthus.
These are the roses rescued from another table, and are on my desk.

On one of the brass tray tables in the living room.

On the other is a vase of tulips I grabbed last week at Meijer. Dreaming of Spring...
I believe this is my favorite arrangement on the drop front desk in the dining room. I walk past this all the time, and I just love it. I feel so lucky to have all of these flowers around all week long...and perhaps longer. Thanks Sue and Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment