Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Green Rice

Tuesday, after a partial day off, I made a batch of green rice puree. I wanted to get something easy made, since most of the next four days will be spent working 8 a.m. to midnight or so for a rather grand series of parties at the new Parkview Regional Medical Center (pictures will follow).

Anyway, I made some green rice puree because you can use it on rice, on fish, on chicken, in chicken and rice, um, on fish, on tacos, with tortilla chips...that might be all. It's good.


Cilantro, green onions, a white onion, lime juice, some jalapenos (yes, I used jarred), olive oil, and tomatillos. I really thought I had posted this recipe before...and now I'm not sure if I can find it! It was on Alexis Stewart's old blog, and here is one attributed to her. I remember her mentioning she forgot to say "tomatillos"I cannot imagine this WITHOUT tomatillos. I always just eyeball it, but it looks like I'm pretty accurate!
  • 1 c chopped scallions
  • 1 large white onion
  • 1 1⁄2 c cilantro leaves
  • 3 T lime juice
  • 2 jalapenos with seeds*
  • 2 jalapenos without seeds
  • 2 t salt
  • 1 T olive oil
My little mini-prep requires my working in batches.
All done!
Had it with leftover chicken (baked on Sunday) and, natch, rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment