Friday, February 24, 2012

My Almost All White Bed

Remember how I mentioned that I wished I had all white bedding in the Daphne Guinness post? It looks clean, cozy, and, at least I think, sort of nice when unmade. Well, I dove into the linen closet and found my old duvet cover, put on clean sheets (which I assure you happens more often than when I get a yen to change the look of my bed), and stood back to look at my favorite place on earth...bed.

I love going to bed at night. I love reading in bed. I love laying in bed talking on the phone. I love laying in bed hitting the snooze button. I love laying in bed wishing the neighbors on the fire escape would, themselves, go to bed. If I didn't find eating in bed to be the most disgusting thing in the world, I would probably love that, too.

Right now I am simply loving my almost all white bed...and not making it in the morning. Shhhh. Don't tell anyone, as making your bed when you get up is a top Bon Savant "To-Do".

My simplified bed-no extra pillows, just the necessities. I couldn't wait to go to sleep. Who am I kidding? I can never wait to go to sleep. The pillow cases are light gray, not just dingy old white, by the way.

I slept like a baby (plus I had taken some night-time cold medicine...that always helps).


Best of all...I didn't make my bed this morning, and seeing this as I walk past the bedroom door doesn't bother me at all. Almost.

2 comments:

  1. tried to comment from my phone, but...

    this looks so cloud-delightful...i bet it looks even better in.real.life.

    smirk with arched eyebrows...
    (i bet you just tried to do that)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know. You're coming over soon, I promise!

    ReplyDelete