Friday, March 9, 2012

Big Martha's Meatloaf

Once again, eager to use my new food processor, I decided to make meatloaf. Something I had never in my life done. I like meatloaf well enough, but it seemed like a lot of food for one person. However, I decided to go ahead and make it. Besides, I could always send some of it home with Guy to go along with the coconut cream pie. 

I used this recipe from Martha's mother, Martha Kostyra (Big Martha). There is also a video of the two of them making it you can watch here. (I didn't make the slits in the top. Oops!) It turned out quite delicious, and really was easy to make...thanks to my Cuisinart.

If you don't know what to do for Sunday dinner, perhaps you should make a classic!

Let me just say that I have never in my life bought Pepperidge Farm white bread...and I never should have. It is deliciously addicting. I bought it to make bread crumbs, and ended up eating it with some butter and baked chicken, with butter alone, with nothing on it, and used it to make the BEST grilled cheese. They should sell half loafs for people who just want to make bread crumbs.
Nothing could be easier than making breadcrumbs in a food processor. I love it.
Next it was time for the onion, celery, carrots, garlic cloves, and parsley.
Done!
I added all of the dry ingredients and sort of mixed them in with a spoon,

Then I added the "wet"...
...and really got in there and mixed it all up by hand.
Oops! I also didn't form it into a "loaf". Oh well.

Mixing up the glaze.
And ready for the oven.
I really hate photographing food. I made some garlic smashed potatoes with Greek yogurt. It was great for dinner, and even better the next day. And the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment