Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Raspberry Buckle

I ran out of time on Sunday to bake something extravagant for my mom's 60th birthday, so I decided to do something easy and delicious (and use up some of the frozen berries from last year, before this year's berries arrive)-a raspberry buckle. I found this recipe from Martha, and will make it again. Maybe with blueberries. Or with a mix of the two!


"Sifting" the dry ingredients.
And mixing the wet before adding the dry. And yes, those bananas are extremely brown, but were still perfectly good eating.
Pour the batter into the baking dish (I used a round Jadeite dish)...
And place the berries on top! Super simple!
It took a wee bit longer in the oven than the recipe called for, but, again, my oven is far from perfect when it comes to keeping a steady temperature. It really was pretty tasty! A great summer dessert, and therefore perfect for the 80 plus days we've been having.

No comments:

Post a Comment