Monday, April 2, 2012

Let the Planting Begin!

Alright, alright. We didn't go crazy like the folks snatching up tomatoes and peppers. We went to Lowes to buy yard bags...and they were out. So we decided to take a quick look around and found some pansies and violas, and also decided we could tempt the Fates and buy a few things to plant in the Kitchen Garden. Today. April First. Maybe we were fools, we'll just have to wait and see.


We bought four broccoli plants.

This is another broccoli, but it should be a picture of one of the Brussels sprouts we planted. I don't know what happened to them...

A few little Romaine starts. I also put in a largish patch of mesclun on the "shady" side of the garden.

One of the six little "45 Day" cabbage plants. The tag says they form a smaller head, but 45 days to harvest! I'll take it!

I grabbed the bag of calendula seeds saved from last Fall (as well as what was left of the bag from 2010) and sowed them along the edges of two beds. I think I may also edge the path in the extension with them this year. Maybe.

Grow, baby, grow!


Last week's row of cilantro is up, too! I really do wonder what April has in store for us. There are buds on some of the peonies, for crying out loud! I am nervous and excited all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment