Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Easy, Orange-Scented Cranberry Sauce

Had a nice morning off at home today, so I decided to get a little prep done for Thanksgiving. Chief and J-Broww's flight was delayed, so I continued on into the afternoon before running down to the Theatre to finish decorating the tree. Brussels sprouts are prepped, ingredients are all together, and cranberry sauce is made. I'm not quite as far ahead as I had hoped (and we all know I will get nothing done tomorrow with all of the holiday cheer I will be participating in at the Night of Lights-they are expecting up to 20,000 people!) but I am more ahead than usual. The recipe was one pf Martha's, and my pal and fellow lover of dirt digging Anika is using the same one! Great minds...(as she said).

So the recipe is super easy (from Everyday Food) and pretty impossible to mess up. And you look way more talented than when you open a can (although I must admit I do love that perfectly round slice of canned cranberry sauce-shhhh).


I mean really, how much more "Holiday" can this look? I used a little more than 24oz, so added a tad more water to the half cup but left everything else the same (except I used a scant 1 1/2 cups sugar-not really filling the half cup measuring cup each time I measured).

Keep it on low and just watch it. I folded laundry, washed dishes, watered plants, stirring every once in a while.

Then it got nice a thick and would stay pulled away from the pan when you stirred.


I added the juice and continued to cook for a little while. I was afraid the juice would make it too runny.

All done and waiting in the fridge for turkey day...and turkey sandwiches on Friday! I pressed plastic wrap onto the surface to keep it from forming a skin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment