Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Saturn Snow Day

Winter Storm Saturn arrived quietly with some flurries of snow. The ground was still warm enough that the streets and sidewalks were clear when I walked across the street to hold Baby Z for an hour or so and chat with his Mama. Then when I was headed out to dinner at the Dash, things had changed.
Snow was really starting to fall.
When we walked out of the Dash-In, well, it was rather ridiculous. 
It was piling up deep by the elevated tracks. It didn't stop the train, but did stop us from going to the Gas House. They had closed! Thank God Club Soda was open!

It just kept snowing, and snowing, and snowing.
Main Street was almost deserted. 
Except for some tool making snow angels in the middle of the street.
Then the snow stopped and the horrible thoughts of how I was going to get my car out in the morning began to crowd my mind. We had helped three people who were stuck in about a half hour. Who would help me?!?

We went to the Brass Rail so I wouldn't have to worry about it.

This morning I saw the carnage. Cars stuck, shovels scraping, and snow blowers blowing.

This really sucked. 

Heading into work, no more snow angel. It's supposed to be 50 on Sunday. Such crazy weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment