Monday, March 11, 2013

Turkey and White Bean Chili

Despite the fact that we've hit 54 degrees in the past few days, snow is already forecast again this week. Nothing like Saturn, mind you, but chilly enough to make some chili! I was flipping through recipes and back issues and found this lighter version, but still hearty chili. It may be cold, and I may want comfort food, but I can still watch my waistline!

Who am I kidding? Ground turkey was on sale. 

The recipe from Everyday Food is really easy. Simple ingredients, big on flavor.

Mise en place people! It makes cooking and baking so much more enjoyable! It's like you are starring in your own show! Not that I pretend to do that when cooking or anything.

Browning everything up. Make sure you cook the cumin! Raw cumin is N to the ASTY!



Simmer, simmer, simmer.


Dig in! I used Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, of course. The radishes from the grocery were really rather sweet. I can't wait for leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment