Monday, September 15, 2014

Using Up (Some) of the Harvest With Old Favorites

I'm in the midst of several weeks of crazy at work, but have also been trying to use up everything I've been harvesting from the Garden. Here's a quick look at what I've been making, and links to some old posts that have the recipes. I wanted to get something posted so that you know I'm still here!

I've been having to pick the tomatoes when they are still a little green because every chipmunk in town is living in the back yard.
But when you have plenty of tomatoes, and plenty of basil, it's time for pasta!

I made this One Pot Pasta not too long ago. You can see that post by clicking here. I obviously substituted regular tomatoes for the cherry tomatoes.

The tomatillos have been producing like crazy, and seven or eight are all you need for green rice puree! Check out this post for the recipe.


The cool, wet summer we've had has not been enjoyed by the okra. They like it hot and dry! We've had several mini crops, though, and stewed okra with tomatoes is one of the tastiest ways to keep your okra and tomatoes from going to waste! Here's the link to the original post.

No comments:

Post a Comment