Monday, February 9, 2015

Meatless Monday: Garlic Peas and Kale with Smashed Avocado

Thanks goodness for Bravo. If not for Bravo (or, rather, my addiction to 80% of it's programming) I would have never been aware of Ladies of London, and would therefore have missed out on this delicious dish because I would not be following Julie Montagu on Instagram. And let me tell you, this one is really good.

I mean seriously, garlic peas are good enough. The kale just makes you feel like you are being really healthy. The smashed avocado just makes everything about this even better. Perfect for a meal on it's own, or as a side. I think I will be brightening up Easter dinner with this recipe.

You can see the recipe and follow Julie Montagu, the Flexi Foodie, here. She has many more recipes on her blog, and a new cook book on the way!

Everything you need, except the sunflower seeds. I realized too late that I forgot to buy any.

This recipe really has me wanting to grow more shelling peas in the garden this year. I this dish would be excellent as a cold salad.

Once again my great grater makes light work of zesting.

Timing is everything. Cook the peas too long and they loose a bit of their bright green color.

Is there anything avocado does not make better?

So good. I'm so happy I found this recipe. I will definitely be making this for years to come. Heck, I've made it three times already!



2 comments:

  1. MMMMM! That looks super yummy! I know you are as ready for spring as we are. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good! And never gets old! A great new "go-to" when you don't know what to make. And you have no idea how ready I am! Seeing you planning out this year's vegetable garden makes me even more eager for this weather to break and be able to get to work!

      Delete